Monday 8 May 2017

parent companies



Parent Companies:
Parent companies are defined to be organizations that own a bigger variety of different publications. Some examples of this variety would be Time Warner, Bauer Media Group, IPC, Hearst, Spin Media and Advance. IPC media is a good example of parent companies as they own many publications such as NME and Now.

I would like my magazine to be part of the Spin Media Company because it publishes many similar magazines to mine. Examples of these magazines include Vibe, Stereogum, and The Frisky. The reason why I have chosen to use this parent company for my magazine is because over the course of time this company has built an excellent reputation for themselves and the magazines that they publish which are of similar genres to mine. In addition, Spin Media group will be able to help introduce similar artists and bands that I would like to involve and feature in my magazine.  Also, if this company produces my magazine, it is more likely to become successful because Spin Media group also work the media platform of advertising. This is a really positive thing for my magazine as it will mean that my magazine would be promoted and advertised effectively and it will therefore mean that my magazine will be more likely to be successful.

1 comment:

  1. A clear and proficient understanding as to what a parent company is and the benefits a parent company has for a publication.

    ReplyDelete