Thursday 11 May 2017

evaluation 3

Q3) What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

To begin with I will start with sister publication, which means I will publish for an existing magazine within the same institution. My magazine will get published every month and according to the month if there is a particular calendar event it will carry the theme of that month as a new edition. My brand is easy for the audience to access as it is aimed for an easily accessible socio-economic group. My main aim is to encourage to encourage my audience to persistently purchase my magazine, also to encourage brand loyalty so that my advertisers will continuously give me money. There are many ways in which my audience can find my product, some of those ways are through our website, music channels on TV, sponsored hash tags, apps, gigs, tours and festival stages. I would choose IPC ltd, the reason for this is because they are known to be one of the leading magazine institutions. Also, the “NME magazine” uses IPC as their publisher and they are a well-known magazine and a type of magazine my targeted audience will purchase. IPC media have over 26 million adult readers in the UK who read the magazine they have published, this means that this media publisher has customer loyalty so by using them as a publisher will be very good for my magazine brand. This media institution is in the public eye and highly recognized, and therefore it will be easier to advertise my business as they are a big institution. The kind of method I will be using would firstly be the one of the most common, which is to put physical copies of my magazine in various retail shops (like newsagents). I will do this so that I reach my specific targeted audience. I would also have visual copies of my product which will be online as a visual distribution. Majority of magazine companies are now using visual distributions therefore, putting DENSEM online, I would be decrease my competition. This will also be easier to access and will attract younger audiences to purchase my magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment