Thursday 11 May 2017

evaluation 4

Q4) who would be the audience for your media product?

A target audience is defined, as a selection of a group of people who your magazine will potentially be aimed at, it is a process of market segmentation. It is very important to have a particular targeted audience as it give you an idea of what to base your magazine on, or what people would want to read. Having a targeted audience will mean you know what appeals to your readers, you will know what conventions and themes to involve. My targeted. I will dedicate my magazine to young audiences with no targeted gender so that appeals to both sexes. The particular socio-economic group that will purchase my product is group E; this is the ages 16 and over which will mean they are commonly students, working part-time or unemployed. I price my magazine so that it will be at an adequate price for my targeted audience as if I set the price too high then my dedicated audience will simply not be able to afford to purchase my magazine. An audience profile is highly essential in order to identify your target audience. Audience profiling is essential for all media institutions whilst creating a new product to launch. The main factors that must be considered whilst profiling is the Gender, Race, Age, Geo- demographics, Socio- economics and Psycho graphic profile. The socio-economic is defined as the social standing of an individual or group, the class of the individual is measured by their income, occupation or education. The psycho graphics is an analysis of lifestyles in order to create the ideal consumer/ customer. The research is conducted by asking opinioned questions to consumers, after the results are gathered they are put together with the geographic and demographic research to create an ideology of their targeted audience. This is very useful when planning a music magazine as it will provide me all the information I need in order to choose my particular targeted audience. The geo- demographics classify individuals by their surroundings according to the common characteristics of the particular area. Creating a music magazine for a particular music genre will mean that targeted audience has already picked the genre they want, however by using this specific research of my own I can learn more details about my audience. The quantitative data I would use is going to help me more as it allows me to question my potential audience and allow me to find content that they may find controversial. I believe my targeted audience will enjoy my magazine as it meets all the criteria’s that my audience wants. For example, my front cover is basic structured unlike the chaotic formats of rock magazines, this is because R&B is created to make an intimidating impression. Colour use is highly important in R&B magazines; I have used red, black and navy within my magazine. This is conventional to the R&B sub-genre as red connotes both danger and passion, blue connotes dominance, power, and black because it represents a dark and rebellious attitude, which R&B music expresses. The model’s I have used for my magazine are portrayed as two attractive females, the main reason why I have used females is to appeal to my audience. The females were dressed as classy and seductive in order to attract more attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment