Tuesday 9 May 2017

MES AND PROP LIST

MES and Prop List
CINEMATOGRAPHY:
       The cinematography I plan to use in my music magazine consists of the following:
       1. A medium shot will be used for my cover page, I have chosen to use this shot because it allows the shot allows the viewer to pick up on the Artists movements and gestures.  This is conventional to the R&B music genre because, artists of this genre have particular movements and gestures that may symbolise their music and themselves.
       2. Another shot type I am planning to use is a close up, Close-ups are useful for showing detail and emotions, which will be relevant for my magazine as it will give a natural display of the artist.
       3. As a camera position I am planning to choose a focus in order to place pure emphasis on my artist in the front cover, within the frame everything will be blurred with the exception of the artist.

COSTUME, HAIR AND MAKE UP:
       The costume, hair and make-up I plan to use in my music magazine consist of the following:
       1. Image one’s costume, hair and make-up will be used as a plain black revealing top and straight hairstyle with a natural yet dramatic makeup.  I have chosen to use this because it fits in with the overall them of my magazine and, as it is a valentine’s edition this dramatic look will be favoured by my readers. This is conventional to the R&B music genre because the portrayal of my artist will appeal for my targeted audience, as there is no targeted gender. The revealing clothing may attract male readers more compared to the dramatic makeup, which may attract more female readers.
       2. For the second look of my artist, she will wear a loose cream, V-neck jumper and a soft messy bun as a hairstyle, with same naturalistic and dramatic make up style. This is conventional to the R&B music genre as it again will appeal to my targeted audience type.

BODY LANGUAGE AND FACIAL EXPRESSIONS:
       The body language and facial expressions I plan to use in my music magazine consist of the following:
       1. Image one’s body language will be the artist standing with their arms by their side while their facial expressions will be a natural smile; I have chosen to use this because it will create a realistic portrayal of the artist. This is conventional to the R&B music genre because artists of this genre choose more portrayals that are naturalistic and this body language is natural.
       2. Image two’s body language will be the artist will be slightly crouched and still. Her facial expressions will be serious and her lips slightly pouted. I have chosen to use this because it will create a slightly sexy look for the artist, this is conventional to the R&B music genre because female artists often favour sexy portrayals and this will attract the targeted audience.


SETTING:
       The settings I plan to use in my music magazine consist of the following:
All of my images will be set in a casual house; I have chosen to use this because it allows the artist to adapt to the genre of R&B.  This is conventional to the R&B music genre because artists of this genre prefer to use more relaxed settings for shoots.

ICONOGRAPHY:
I have not used any iconography within my shoot; this is to continue with the realistic and naturalistic flow of the shoot.
LIGHTING:
       The lighting I plan to use in my music magazine consists of the following:
       1. Image 1’s lighting will be high-key lighting; I have chosen to use this because it will place more emphasis on the artist. This is conventional to the R&B music genre because it will appeal to the targeted audience.
       2. Image 2’s lighting will be slightly low-key lighting; I have chosen to use this because it will create a slight mysterious look for the reader. This is conventional to the R&B sub-genre as this type of lighting is commonly used and will capture more attention from my targeted audience.
       3. Image 3’s lighting again will be high-key lighting; I have chosen this particular lighting in order to bring more of an awareness to the artist. This is conventional to the R&B sub-genre as this particular type of lighting is very commonly used in the R&B industry for shoots, videos etc.

ANY OTHER PROPS:
I have not used any other prop within my shoot; this is because it was not necessary to use any extra items for a naturalistic shoot.



No comments:

Post a Comment